This guide outlines the steps for completing an on-premise installation in a non-air-gapped environment using an embedded cluster.
- Ensure you've addressed all the prerequisites outlined in the On-Premise Installation Prerequisites.
- Go to the link provided to you by Kinetic Data.
- Continue to the Embedded Cluster Installation section.
Select Embedded cluster from the left-hand menu.
Under License, click Download license.
Using your desired terminal emulator, access the CLI for the node you want to install the Platform on.
Run the install command provided by Kinetic Data (for example,
curl -sSL https://kurl.sh/kinetic-platform-application | sudo bash -s ha).
The installer will stop automatically if any errors are encountered. If this occurs, contact Kinetic Support.
The installer will pause and display the following message if any warnings are encountered:
Host preflights have warnings It is highly recommended to sort out the warning conditions before proceeding. Be aware that continuing with preflight warnings can result in failures. Would you like to continue?
Review and address any warning messages, then continue the installation.
Make a note of the URL to the admin console along with the password. You’ll use this information to log in later.
Recommended: While not required, we recommend resetting the password to the admin console using the following command:
kubectl kots reset-password default. Enter a new password when prompted, then use the new password to log in to the admin console.
Make a note of the Join command provided at the end of the script output. You’ll use this command to join all of the nodes to the cluster for high availability.
Run the provided Join command on every other node that will make up the cluster.
Continue to the Installing the Platform via the Configuration Admin Console section.
- Access the admin console using the URL you made a note of earlier. Log in using the provided password (or the updated password if you changed it).
- You will be brought to the "Bypass browser TLS warning" page, which indicates that your browser may warn you that the certificate used for the page is self-signed. Follow your browser's instructions to bypass the warning message and continue to the admin console.
- Upload a custom certificate using the on-screen instructions if desired. Otherwise, continue to Step 4.
- On the License tab, upload the license file you downloaded earlier.
- On the Config tab, enter the configuration information for the Platform and related applications. Required settings are marked with a yellow "Required".
- Click Continue. This triggers Kubernetes to run preflight checks for the application.
- If you encounter any preflight errors, contact Kinetic Support.
- Navigate to your load balancer URL (identified in the installation prerequisites) to access the application.
- Log in to the application using the system username and password you specified in the admin console.
Updated 2 months ago