The configuration directory is the file sytem location on the web server where the calendar configuration files exist. The web server must have read access to this directory so it can load up the configured connections and calendars.
By default, this location is set to the deployed web application's WEB-INF/configuration directory. This location is not ideal because it may be overwritten with upgrades to the web application. It is recommended to create a directory on the web server outside of the deployed web application, and store the configuration files there.
The configuration files must be laid out in the proper hierarchy for the Kinetic Calendar web application to find them. Within the configuraiton directory, the web application looks for an adapters.json configuration file, a connections.json configuration file, and a directory named calendars which contains a directory for each configured calendar.
Below is a screenshot depicting a properly formed configuration directory, with an adapters configuration file, a connections configuration file and three calendars.
From the image above, the configuration directory is located at F:\kineticCalendar\configuration. Within this directory is an adapters.json file that defines the available adapters, a connections.json file that defines the available connections, and a calendars directory which contains three calendar directories.
The requirements of a properly structured configuration directory are the following:
- The existence of an adapters.json file. The format of this file is discussed on the Adapters Configuration page.
- The existence of a connections.json file. The format of this file is discussed on the Connections Configuration page.
- The existence of a calendars directory.
The individual calendar directories can be named anything, as long as they are valid file names. Each calendar directory must be properly formed as well. Below is a screenshot depicting a properly formed calendar directory, with a calendar configuration file and three event type configuration files.
The calendar directory is located at F:\kineticCalendar\configuration\calendars\changes. This directory is within the configuration directory at F:\kineticCalendar\configuration. Within this directory is a calendar configuration file, denoted with the name "calendar.json", and three event type configuration files, denoted with the prefix "et_".
The requirements of a properly structured calendar directory are the following:
- The existence of a calendar configuration file named "calendar.json". The format of the calendar configuration file is discussed on the Calendar Configuration page.
- The existence of at least one event type configuration file that begins with "et_" and ends with ".json". The rest of the file name does not matter, as long as it is a legal file name, and unique from the other files in the directory. The format of the event type configuration file is discussed on the Event Type Configuration page.
- Any number of event types can be configured per calendar as long as they all follow the proper naming conventions.
Updated about 1 month ago